Ironically, pastors are some of the most isolated people on the planet. My new book, Monday Morning Preacher (click here to review and purchase)was written to:
- Help pastors identify specific church issues that precipitate people exits.
- Come alongside discouraged pastors to inform and instruct in areas of weekly church life.
- Distribute in new member classes.
- Provide biblical support for the local church’s right to exist.
- Remind pastors that while the most formidable enemy of the local church is Satan, the church’s most common and often overlooked foe rises up from within.
- Help pastors throw open their front doors, and in the process minimize back door exits.
“The Power of an Invitation”--My Personal History
A pastor and his wife visited my boyhood home in 1963 when I was 7. They invited my family to attend their little church, and subsequently, I was born again and called to preach the gospel. I’m definitely a cheerleader for the local church!
Now, looking back over 45 years of Bible school, marriage to another local-church fan, 2 youth pastor positions, lead pastor of 6 churches in 3 states, 4 kids, 8 grandkids, a hospice chaplaincy, 5 books, and interaction with thousands of people, I consider myself blessed.
While I’ve made my share of mistakes during the past 5 decades, my heart’s desire is to resource pastors and other church leaders through my books, blog, new converts’ manuals and one-on-one conversations, hopefully imparting help and encouragement.
Remember, we don’t have to pastor people and do the work of the ministry. We get to!